The Kelsey Group recently blogged about the local business search marketing industry. As I’ll blog about in the next post, the local internet marketing market is growing even faster than expected. More local businesses are going online, shifting their marketing budgets, especially to paid search.
Here is some good news from search engine marketing companies that focus on small businesses:
- ReachLocal has a $305 million valuation based on a $55 million round of financing
- Privately funded OrangeSoda local internet marketing company signed on a new partner: “At the same time, Orem, Utah-based Orange Soda got on the map with Freedom Communications, the publisher of The Orange Country Register.” As we mentioned before, we also won an award as the top business in Utah County based on growth.
- New York-based Yodle got $12 million in funding this year.
- WebVisible, took in $12 million in new series B funding from Sutter Hill Ventures and Redpoint Ventures, an existing investor. WebVisible customers include AT&T, Earthlink and McClatchy.
- WebsiteBiz Internet marketing agency ranked as the 87th fastest growing private company in the Southeast region of the United States and is listed on Inc. Magazine’s 2007 Southeast 500.
Also, OrangeSoda’s CEO Jay Bean made the 2008 list of the vSpring Capital Top 100 Venture Entrepreneurs, also known as the v|100. vSpring is a venture capital group that provides early growth funding. Looks like they haven’t put the full list on their web site yet, so find it here.
Comments are closed.