The internet makes it easy to hear the word on the street about your company. Both Twitter Search and Google Alerts help you listen to all the chatter out there about your business. Here’s how to get started:
- Start by going to http://www.google.com/alerts.
- If you have a Google or Gmail account, sign in to manage your alerts.
- Enter a search term you want to follow (for example, the name of your company).
- Fill out the info, including your email. That’s where they’ll send you the stats you want.
- Hit the “Create Alert” button.
Depending on how often you choose to receive the alerts, you will now receive emails with links to websites showing which websites mention your company.
- Go to http://www.twitter.com/search.
- Type in the keywords you’re following.
- Hit the “Search” button.
- See all the tweets that include that keyword.
To get automatic alerts on Twitter like you do on Google, just download a program like TweetDeck or DemandSpot to keep you in the know on each of your keywords.
Pretty simple, right? Your marketing will thank you.