As a professional blogger, online marketing guru, and avid online shopper, you can count on me nearly 100% of the time to write online reviews. If I have an excellent experience with a company, I will write a stellar review and share it with my online community. Similarly, if I have a negative experience, I will write a review explaining all of the reasons why no one in their right mind should conduct business with that company. Additionally, reading online reviews is one of the top ways I gather information before buying a product or service. Fortunately, Google agrees with me on the importance of reviews.
In fact, positive reviews is one of the biggest factors Google uses to decide local listing rank. The more positive reviews you have, the more Google wants to recommend you as their top choice. After all, when customers have a positive experience, everyone benefits—the customer, Google, and the company. As a business owner, you should do everything in your power to encourage positive reviews. Here are a few ideas to help your customers understand the value of positive reviews.
- Let your customers know they can rate their experience online. Direct them to your Google+ profile.
- Include information about how to leave a review online on customer receipts.
- Brand your office with fun decals that point customers to your Google+ profile.
- E-mail, Tweet, and Facebook your profile links to your customers.
- Provide top-notch customer service so customers will jump at the chance to leave a positive review.
These are just a few ideas to help you increase your online reviews. As a quick word to the wise, make sure your reviews are real and avoid buying any reviews. Buying reviews is shady SEO and will most likely end up in penalties, rather than happy, paying customers.