As of December 13, 2012, Google Maps is officially live for iOS users. This means iPhone and iPad users now have easy mobile access to Google Local search maps, ratings, reviews, and step-by-step voice directions. This is great news for any business, as your local search marketing efforts will pay off ten fold.
Here are some of the cool features of this new Google Maps App:
- Search all of Google Local from your phone
- Discover places to dine, shop, and relax
- Read reviews of any place listed on Google Maps
- Sync your searches by signing in to your account
- Get voice-guided directions anywhere you want to go
- Access live information about traffic in your area
If you haven’t taken the time to get on Google Maps, now is the perfect time to ramp up your local search marketing campaign. Not only will you receive all the benefits and traffic from people searching online, but you will also capture the people searching in your market, directed by turn-by-turn and voice-guided directions. How cool is that?
Take some time this season to review your local search marketing efforts to make sure you are doing everything necessary to take advantage of this great new service.