If online marketing were a restaurant, it would definitely be a buffet. After all, there are all sorts of different strategies to choose from. There’s social media marketing, paid search marketing, content marketing, email marketing, search engine marketing … get my drift? To get the right online marketing mix for your business, there are a few online marketing questions you can ask to make the wisest marketing choices. Consider asking the following questions before delving too deep into your marketing strategy.
1. What do I want to achieve with my online marketing?
The type of marketing strategy you end up pursuing will be a reflection of your business goals. Do you want a wide audience to follow your content? Consider social media marketing. Are you looking for sales leads? Try paid search. Interested in capturing the attention of targeted customers? Think about investing in SEO. Once you have your goal defined, it will be easy to determine what tactics you should pursue.
2. What is the difference between the main types of online marketing?
In short, here it goes:
- Social-media marketing helps you grow your follows and fans on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and more.
- Paid search targets the sponsored listings of search engines. You pay the search engine every time your ad is clicked.
- Content marketing helps you produce solid content to share across the Internet. This content includes blog posts, infographics, YouTube videos, memes, and more.
- Search engine optimization targets the organic listings of search engines. It’s free to appear in the organic listings but involves strategy.
3. What should I look for when hiring an online marketing company?
You will want to consider factors like price, professionalism, and proven results. But the single most important thing when hiring a company is to make sure they stay current with online trends. Don’t be afraid to test their knowledge before you give them your money.
4. How do I know how to spend my budget?
As mentioned before, there are many different approaches to online marketing. If you pursue all of them, it can be expensive. If you have a smaller budget, consider consulting with your online marketing professional from OrangeSoda to determine the perfect fit for you.
5. How can I measure my success?
You don’t want to simply dump money into an advertising campaign without learning how to interpret your results. Invest in learning about analytics in order to understand which campaigns are converting well.