You’re probably one of those people who has his or her face glued to the phone for a greater portion of the day. Let’s be serious, pretty much everyone is one of those people. As much as we would like to show off our outdoorsy nature, the truth is most of us spend a huge amount of time reading the news, Facebooking, tweeting, playing games, and searching the web on our smart phones. While that may not be great news for Mother Earth, it’s excellent news for marketers.
If you are a business owner who is looking to increase your customer base, mobile marketing is the way to go. Don’t believe me? Then consider the following 10 facts taken from a Hubspot survey conducted in April of 2013. These 10 mobile marketing statistics will blow your mind:
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to an action, and over 50% lead to a purchase.
- 70% of mobile online searches lead to an action within an hour, while 70% of desktop online searches lead to an action within a month.
- Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than traditional online ads.
- 40% of tablet owners said they have looked up information on a TV show on their tablet while they were watching that same show.
- 74% of smartphones users use their phones for shopping, and of that, 79% make a purchase as a result of using their phones.
- Mobile coupons have a redemption rate 10 times higher than that of print coupons.
- 50% of smartphones users have bought a product on their phone.
- 73% of smartphone users reported having used the mobile web to shop instead of an app.
- 60% of web users say they expect a mobile site to load on their phone in 3 seconds or less.
- 95% of smartphone users looked up local information, and of that, 61% called and 59% visited the business.
Are you a believer yet? For more information about mobile marketing, contact our marketing professionals here at OrangeSoda today.